Monday, September 15, 2014

Bouncing Ball in AE

After Effects was a breath of fresh air after Flash. It's much easier to use. Using the pen tool was about the same even though I still had a problem with the timing although this time instead of being too fast it was too slow.

Using the pen tool to make the guide was the same as Flash, making the keys was much easier with the drop down menus in After Effects. For the squash and stretch I couldn't remember how it was done in class so I used a method I learned when making my senior thesis film. I split the layer and changed the shape of the ball in each layer I split from the original layer; yes it gives you a shit-ton of layers to work with when you're done but it gets the job done. The explosion I just imported from a free FX website and made it go KA-BOOM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment